Norskland Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 10:12:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
norskland.com Home Page

Old Norskland Forum (Read Only)
1880 Posts in 419 Topics by 238 Members
Latest Member: Clark
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Norskland Forum
|-+  Norskland Forums
| |-+  Introduce Yourself (Moderator: Ruth)
| | |-+  Looking for Ida Egg of Sandnes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for Ida Egg of Sandnes  (Read 6612 times)
telewoda

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2013, 05:55:59 am »

Cool Hi to all, I am new to this site and have found special interest in it. I am from Africa but now lives in the US. Some may wonder why an African is interest in this site. I tell you why. Our world has indeed become smaller since the invention of the internet. When I was a kid growing in Liberia, a team of Methodist ministers left the country in the mid 70ties for Norway's Methodist conference. They met an older woman (Ida Egg) she lived in Sandnes 17  Nygrates St Oslo. (I hope I spell the street name right). She was a part of that conference who want to help children in Africa. How the story goes, she gave them some thousands of dollars to share with kids who were deprived and in need. I was one of them. I did not only get the one time allowance, but was chosen to communicate this woman regularly. She sponsored me through a section of my middle school, and through high school and some college. I don't know if she is alive but would like to know of here where about. If she is not alive, I still like to know if she has families and would like to travel to see this beautiful town of Sandnes. The last time I head from here was through the Methodist Krent (don't know what that means) Any point of contact will be helpful. Even if she is not alive today I still like to go there to pay homage and respect to her church and probably the resting place of her remains.

In Jesus Name Peace,

Jimmy
admin
Administrator

Gus - Richardson, Texas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:14:46 pm »

Hi Jimmy, my father Řystein Stangeland, was born and grew up in Sandnes. I have visited this beautiful city on three occasions and it was a real thrill to walk where my father walked many years ago. You should definitely go to Sandnes, as you say, even if you can't make contact with Ida Egg, you will still feel her presence when you are there.

I have a good friend who is a genealogist who lives in Stavanger (not far from Sandnes). I will try to contact him and maybe he can help you in your search. When I find out something I will let you know.

Oh, and by the way, Welcome to the Norskland Forum! There are really nice people here!

Gus, owner of norskland.com

I love digital photography, traveling, music and computers.
telewoda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:54:59 am »

Hi Gus, it is so great to hear from someone who has connection the this beautiful land. Thanks for your effort in helping me finding some connection to my search. Any information will be helpful.  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: