Norskland Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2019, 04:12:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
norskland.com Home Page

Old Norskland Forum (Read Only)
1892 Posts in 419 Topics by 238 Members
Latest Member: Clark
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Norskland Forum
|-+  Norskland Forums
| |-+  Norwegian Art, Literature and Music (Moderator: Ruth)
| | |-+  Finding Norwegian lyrics and sheet music
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Finding Norwegian lyrics and sheet music  (Read 29257 times)
Julianne

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2010, 06:58:26 pm »

Hi, I have been listening to Norwegian singers on recordings, especially Sissel for years. It's difficult sometimes to find the songs in sheet music form, or at least the text with melody line or chord charts. Does anyone know where I can find the music/text to the Norwegian hymn "Dyreste Jesus"? It is not in the Norsk Salme Bok.

Also, where can I order good song collections of Norwegian traditional songs with lyrics and complete accompaniment?

Thanks to all.

Julianne

I like singing, sewing, collecting, language study, genealogy, winter sports (Nashville needs snow!), gardening. I have recorded a CD: "Norwegian and Celtic Christmas Songs" and greatly admire Sissel, who is my inspiration.
ole

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 09:43:24 pm »

There is a good song book that we use in our Sons of Norway singing group.  It is "Mike and Else's Norwegian Songbook."  They have a lot of traditional folk songs, children's songs and Christmas songs.  You could order it through:  Skandisk                                     Tomten
              7616 Lyndale Avenue S.       or      6667 West Old Shakopee Road
              Minneapolis, MN  55423                 Suite #109
                                                               Bloomington, MN  55438-2622

They also have a web site where I believe they have an online catalog : < www.skandisk.com >

musiclover2010

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 03:19:21 pm »

This song is really amazing i have tried to play it on my guitar but i need its music sheet so if anyone find it i want o have its music sheet to add to my collection.
ole

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:37:16 pm »

What song might that be?
niechen861102
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 04:36:03 am »

It's difficult sometimes to find the songs in sheet music form, or at least the text with melody line or chord charts. Does anyone know where I can find the music/text tthomas saboo the Norwegian hymn "Dyreste Jesus"? It is not in the Norsk Salme Bok.
tommy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 04:49:23 am »

I couldn`t find the lyrics, but you can listen to (and purchase) the song here:

http://www.nrk.musikkonline.no/shop/displayArtistTracks.asp?cid=1&cname=Pop/rock&sid=&name=&aid=22376&aname=MANNSSAMBANDET 

Scroll down / search for "dyreste jesus".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: