Norskland Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 08:06:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
norskland.com Home Page

Old Norskland Forum (Read Only)
1881 Posts in 419 Topics by 238 Members
Latest Member: Clark
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Norskland Forum
|-+  Norskland Forums
| |-+  Norwegian Handicrafts (Moderator: Taryn)
| | |-+  Bunader
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bunader  (Read 24068 times)
Ætling
« on: September 03, 2006, 04:03:43 am »

Hi!
I just wonder, which bunad would you have if you had lived in Norway on the same spot you ancestors did?
I have this one: Østfoldsbunaden

Hei!
Jeg bare lurer, hvilken bunad ville du hatt viss du bodde i Norge på samme sted som forfedrene dine gjorde?
Jeg har denne: Østfoldsbunaden
Ruth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:22:35 am »

Hi!

That is a very beautiful bunad.   

I don't have one, but if I did it would have to be the Trønderbunad.  Since my mother came from Helgeland I might also have used the Nordlandsbunad. 

As it is, I use a "Norwegian drakt" .   It doesn't really belong anywhere. It is a short jacket made of wool with a lot of embroidery on and I wear it over a white linen shirt and a long black skirt, also made from wool.

Ruth

Ætling
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 01:46:38 pm »

Really? My mom uses a folkedrakt too Wink She uses a drakt called Løkendrakta Wink It's kind of a second bunad from Østfold, except it isn't 'accepted' as a bunad Wink

I like the Trønder bunad Cheesy
Taryn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 12:19:05 am »

This is a good short article on Bunad history, not all designs are old, some were created in the 20th century. 

http://www.apparelsearch.com/Definitions/Clothing/bunad_definition.htm

Taryn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:23:48 pm »

I thought I would post a photo of me wearing the bunad that is from the area that my ancestors came from, Furnes in Hedemarken.  I was staying with my relatives there.  It was sewn by my 'cousin' for her daughter, and I had fun trying it on.  The sheep in the background belong to them.   

Does anyone else have a bunad photo they'd like to post?  If so, click on reply, then on the lower left is a link to Additional Options.  You can attach something that is already saved to your computer.

ole

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 03:35:00 pm »

Here is a picture of two of our Toten Lag members.  The lady on the left was born in Østre Toten.  Our lag is part of a Sju Lag Stevne and there is a bunad parade at the main banquet every year, so we get to see some beautiful bunads.
Taryn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:57:14 am »

http://mylittlenorway.com/2009/05/bunad-norwegian-traditional-costumes/

My favorite blog, she has some nice photos and a good explanation of bunader and how they develop and change. 
Fenjal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 10:47:52 am »

My favorite blog, she has some nice photos and a good explanation of bunader and how they develop and change. 
  Have found an adress to shop very nice boxes for Bunad-silver, I did find it in the ukeblad "Familien"
here it is : www.zendi.no
kindly from Fenjal
Fenjal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 06:16:59 pm »

Have found an adress to shop very nice boxes for Bunad-silver, I did find it in the ukeblad "Familien"
here it is : www.zendi.no
kindly from Fenjal
have no idie if you find this one,,but I did find a annonce in Englend,,where they were annoncing at ebay,,a very fancy arvegods av ei sølja, som jeg fant helt samme sølja hos gullsmeden på Finnsnes,de ville selge den som værende meget arvegods,,men det kan den jo ikke være,når jeg finder den,nettop som det smykke hos den gullsmed
Da bliver jeg skuffet ,,over at noen bruker vort arvesølv,som ei bunadsølja ,,for det er nettop den ikke,så pass litt på med e-bay,har ellers kun funnet godt der ,,på¨ner om akkurat den sølja,,MVH fenjal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: